Policies and Fees
D. S. O. M. Lesson and Payment Policies:
The Drayton School of Music lesson year is divided into 2 five month terms:
- September - January
- February - June
Students must sign up for at least one five month term at a time. Accommodations can be made for anyone wishing to sign up once a term has begun.
IN REPONSE TO COVID-19, WE ARE IMPLEMENTING SOCIAL DISTANCING AND MASKS FOR IN-PERSON LESSONS AND VIDEO CONFERENCING WILL BE AVAILABLE. IN ADDITION, DAYTIME SLOTS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS NOT RETURNING TO REGULAR IN-CLASS ELEMENTARY/SECONDARY SCHOOL.
1. All students registering may submit 5 post-dated cheques (per term) dated for the first day of each month. Prepayment for a five month term is another acceptable form of payment. We also accept Interac, Visa, MasterCard and Etranfers. Please note that there is a$25.00 NSF charge for any returned cheques.
2. Students who are unable to attend their lesson must give at least 24 hours notice to qualify for a make-up lesson. Last minute cancellations or "no-shows" will not qualify.
3. Lessons missed by the teacher or cancelled due to weather will be made up at a mutually convenient time. These cancellations will be made by 2:00 p. m. the day the lessons are scheduled and students will be contacted by phone or email. Please note that school bus cancellations in the morning does not dictate the cancellation of lessons. The D. S. O. M. does not provide make-up lessons for students who decide not to come due to weather. Students will be allowed two make up lessons per term. All scheduled lessons cancelled by the teacher or the school will be made up.
4. Any extra lessons above and beyond the regular schedule will be billed at the rate of $23.00 per ½ hour of instruction. For example - additional lessons may be requested by students preparing for exams.
5. All D. S. O. M. shut down times and statutory holidays are already factored into the monthly fee. [The fee calculation is based on the number of lesson days per school year at the rate of $23.00 and then divided by the number of months (which is ten.)] Therefore, in some months students will receive more than 4 lessons per month, and in some months they will receive less than 4 lessons per month.
Payment / Holiday Schedule for 2020 - 2021
Day Monthly Fee
** Please note that Monday fees are less because there are fewer Monday lessons over the course of a term.
The following is a list of Statutory Holidays and vacation shut-down times for the Drayton School of Music.
Monday, Oct. 12, 2020 Thanksgiving
Dec. 21, 2020 to Jan. 3, 2021 Christmas Break
Monday, Feb. 15, 2021 Family Day
Jan. 25, 2021 to Jan. 30, 2021 Makeup lessons
Mar. 15, 2021 to Mar. 20, 2021 Spring Break
Friday, April 2, 2021 Good Friday
Monday, May 24, 2021 Victoria Day
• 1st day of term 1 - Mon., Sept. 14, 2020
• Last day of term 1 - Sat., Jan. 23, 2021
• 1st day of term 2 - Mon., Feb. 1, 2021
• Last day of term 2 - Sat., June 19, 2021
*Although we use the School Board calendar as a guide, we do not observe P.D. or P.A. days.
*Easter Monday IS NOT observed as a holiday.